GIVING BY DIRECT DEPOSIT
[dropcap]B[/dropcap]ill Pay is an online option on your checking account offered by your bank. Bill Pay allows you to use your computer to make a payment from your account. You need to set up the church as a Bill Pay payee.
You enter into your computer the amount you wish to give. The bank then issues a check which is automatically mailed to the church. The church deposits the check just like any other check. The amount of the check is automatically deducted from your bank account.
The details of Bill Pay vary from bank to bank, but there are two things that are very important:
- How you want your gift to be used: One of the following methods should be used depending upon your bank’s Bill Pay capabilities.
- Use the memo line: Enter on the memo line the intended use of your gift. You can specify Living Our Faith or you can specify other use such as the Christmas Offering or the Easter Offering. The software of some banks does not permit entries on the memo line.
- Use the address line: Append to the church name the intended use of your gift. For example, if you wish to give to the Living Our Faith, use First Presbyterian Church-Living Our Faith as the first line in the address. This approach should work for all banks.
- If you do not indicate on the check the intended use, the church will credit your gift to Living Our Faith.
- Your envelope number: Enter your church envelope number as the payee account number to ensure that we can enter your gift correctly in the church computer system.